Table of Contents
Read our laser welding machine buying guides and make the right choice
The welding speed of laser welding machine and the ability to control welding quality during operation make laser welding a widely used method in many industrial fields (such as aerospace industry, medical industry, electronics industry, tool manufacturing)
Firstly, why should I choose laser welding machine?
As a laser welding machine supplier from China, so many customers asked this questions to us. Here I will introduce the advantage of laser welding machine:
1. Laser welding is very fast:
Laser welding is an efficient and precise welding method that uses a high energy density laser beam as a heat source. The metal absorbs the energy of the laser and melts quickly in a very short time, greatly reducing the risk of material deformation. Based on our test result, 1000w laser welding machine to welding 2mm stainless steel, welding speed is 10m per min.
2. It can welding patial with highly accuracy
The laser welding machine can do no-touching welding. This advantage ensures that we can weld many tiny parts that are difficult to touch or see. And the welding effect is very fine and clean.
Here glad to share a sample pictures from our customers:
3. Laser welding machine can welding different shape
The laser welding machine is mainly used for welding metal materials. It can not only weld metal sheets, but also metal pipes and metal materials of different shapes.
This is the sample we welded for our customers. It is mainly used for water tanks. The welding effect is not only beautiful, but also has good air tightness and no water leakage. And the weld has better corrosion resistance.
4. Laser welding machien has a very low use cost
The non-contact auto laser welding machine controlled by the computer has almost no wear and tear, and only needs to clean or replace the lens regularly.
Handheld laser welding machines require direct contact between the laser head and the material, so there is a loss of welding nozzles. At the same time he also needs to clean or replace the lenses regularly
Here is the auto laser welding machine and handheld laser welding machine picture:
5. Of course, the laser welding machine also has some disadvantages
The initial installation cost of laser welding machine will be higher than other welding methods
Laser welding is not suitable for welding metals with high reflectivity. Like copper
How do I choose laser source or laser generator brand?
There are several types of lasers that are popular in the market you need to know now.
- IPG Lasersource, itis currently the most widely used laser machine brand in the world. Because of its 40% photoelectric conversion rate and high-quality laser beam, it is liked by customers
- Raycus lasersource, itis an economical laser developed by the Chinese. This is the best choice for customers who want to try laser welding but have insufficient budget. Raycus laser users are all over the world, and after-sales departments and offices have been set up in many countries.
- Max laserlaser source, itis also an economical laser developed by the Chinese. It is the second laser source manufacturer in China.
What parameters should be checked?
- Adjust power:
If you use the most suitable laser power, you will get the best welding results and save energy.
2. Make sure your focal length is correct. The correct focal length can ensure you get the biggest power.
- Make sure the welding frequency is correct. Too high frequency will result in too low energy, thereby reducing welding efficiency, or even low efficiency.
Anyhow, with the decrease in laser source prices, the purchase cost of laser welding machines is decreasing year by year. Laser welding will become a trend to replace TIG and MIG on thin plate welding. Anyone who takes the lead in updating welding equipment to the laser industry, they will become the industry leader.