The difference between laser welding machine and traditional welding machine
Now laser welding machines are gradually replacing traditional welding machines. Because of the rapid development of welding technology, laser welding equipment continues to improve, laser welding technology promotes all engineering application materials to achieve laser welding, and laser welding machine equipment automation technology advantages. Today Morn will share the difference between laser welding equipment and traditional welding equipment.
Laser welding is welding using a laser beam focused by a high-power coherent monochromatic photon stream as a heat source. The advantage is that it does not need to be carried out in a vacuum and can carry out precise energy control, so that the welding of precision devices can be realized. It can be applied to many metals, especially to solve the welding of some difficult-to-weld metals and dissimilar metals.
The difference between laser welding and resistance welding:
First of all, the traditional resistance welding is mainly used to weld thin metal parts. The workpiece to be welded is clamped between two electrodes, which is melted by a large current and the contact surface of the electrode is heated by the workpiece resistance.
- The disadvantage of traditional resistance welding is that the workpiece is easy to deform. Resistance welding needs to be welded by both sides of the joint. The laser welding machine can only be operated from one side.
- The electrode used in resistance welding shall be maintained regularly to remove oxide and metal adhered from the workpiece. Laser welding of thin metal lap joint does not contact the workpiece, so it is easier to operate and maintain.
- The welding area of resistance welding is limited, while the beam of laser welding can enter the area difficult to be welded by conventional welding, so the welding range is wider.
- The welding speed of laser welding is faster than that of resistance welding.
The difference between laser welding and argon arc welding:
Argon arc welding features
Argon arc welding is a kind of arc welding, which mainly USES the burning arc between the welding wire and the workpiece as the heat source, and welding is carried out by the gas shielded arc ejected from the welding torch nozzle. However, argon arc welding has disadvantages such as large area affected by welding heat and large welding spot.
Argon arc welding USES non-consuming electrode and protective gas, which is commonly used for welding thin workpiece. However, the welding speed is very slow, and the heat input is much larger than the laser welding machine, so it is also easy to produce deformation.
Laser welding features
Laser welding welds are characterized by small heat-affected zone, narrow weld, fast weld cooling, small change in weld metal performance, and hard weld. Argon arc welding has been gradually replaced by laser welding in precision welding.
Compared with traditional arc welding process, laser welding machine has many advantages:
- Only one side of the seam needs to be approached.
- Especially suitable for automation technology.
- High process speed shortens processing time.
- Narrow joints, smooth surface, reduce or even eliminate reprocessing.
- Easy to integrate, can be combined with other production operations, such as alignment or bending.
- Good program control, machine tool control and sensor system to detect process parameters and ensure quality.
- The laser beam can produce solder joints without touching the surface of the workpiece or applying force to the workpiece.
- Combination of high strength and low welding volume: the welded workpiece can withstand bending or hydroforming.
- Selective energy application in a small area: reduce thermal stress and reduce heat affected zone, extremely low distortion.
In fact, compared with the traditional welding machine and the laser welding machine, the laser welding machine has some limitations. The cost of the laser is high because of its related system, the initial investment of equipment will be larger than traditional welding equipment, but the cost of laser welding machine is lower.
But compared with traditional welding equipment, the advantages of laser welding equipment are also very prominent. Laser welding is non-contact welding, with fast welding speed, fast efficiency, simple operation, low cost of use, long life and safer , More environmentally friendly. Therefore, laser welding equipment is gradually occupying the market. We know that laser welding technology is widely used in various industries, replacing traditional welding in process applications from automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding, aerospace, industrial electronics, precision machining, etc.