With the development of fiber laser cutting technology, the field of laser cutting applications has become more and more extensive, and more and more materials are applicable. But do you really do the fiber laser cutting machine?
What is the working principle of a laser cutting machine?
Fiber laser cutting is to use a focused high-power-density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece, so that the irradiated material quickly melts, vaporizes, ablates, or reaches the ignition point. At the same time, the molten material is blown out by the high-speed airflow coaxial with the beam and moved through the CNC mechanical system The light spot irradiates the position to realize a thermal cutting method for cutting the workpiece.
Is the laser cutting machine dangerous to operate?
Fiber laser cutting machine is a very environmentally friendly cutting method, generally speaking, there is no harm to the body. Compared with ion cutting and oxygen cutting, laser cutting produces less dust, weak light, and low noise. However, if the correct and safe operation method is not followed, it will also cause personal injury to the user or damage to the machine.
- Beware of flammable materials when using the machine. Certain materials are not allowed to be cut on a laser cutting machine, including foam core materials, any PVC materials, highly reflective materials, etc.
- During the working process of the machine, it is forbidden for the operator to leave without authorization to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Do not stare at the laser processing operation. It is prohibited to observe laser light through binoculars, microscope, magnifying glass, etc.
- Do not store explosive or flammable materials in the laser processing area.
- What are the factors that affect the accuracy of laser cutting machines?
There are many factors that affect the accuracy of fiber laser cutting machine, and some are determined by the equipment itself, such as the accuracy of the mechanical system, the degree of vibration of the worktable, the quality of the laser beam, the influence of auxiliary gas and the nozzle, etc.; some are inherent factors of the material, such as the physical and chemical properties of the material, The reflectivity of the material, etc.; there are also some factors that are selected according to the specific processing object and user quality requirements, and corresponding adjustments are made to determine the relevant parameters, such as output power, focus position, cutting speed and auxiliary gas.
How to find the focus for the laser cutting machine?
Since the laser power density has a great influence on the cutting speed, the choice of the focus position is particularly important. The spot size after the laser beam is focused is proportional to the focal length of the lens. There are three simple methods to determine the cutting focus in the industrial field:
- Printing method: The cutting head is moved from top to bottom, and laser beam printing is performed on the plastic plate, with the smallest printing diameter as the focus.
- Inclined plate method: Use a plate placed obliquely at an angle to the vertical axis to pull it horizontally to find the smallest point of the laser beam as the focus.
- Blue spark method: remove the nozzle, blow the air, hit the pulse laser on the stainless steel plate, make the cutting head move from top to bottom, until the largest blue spark is the focus.
You can also choose an automatic focusing laser head that can significantly improve the processing efficiency of the laser cutting machine: the perforation time of thick plates is greatly reduced; when processing workpieces of different materials and thicknesses, the machine can automatically quickly adjust the focus to the most suitable position.
What is the cutting thickness of the laser cutting machine?
At present, the thickness of the laser cutting machine generally does not exceed 25mm. Compared with other cutting methods, it has obvious advantages for cutting materials with precise dimensions below 20mm.
What are the application areas of laser cutting machines?
Laser cutting machines are widely used in automobile manufacturing, kitchenware industry, sheet metal processing, advertising industry, machinery manufacturing, etc. due to its wide cutting range, high cutting speed, narrow cutting seam, good cutting quality, small heat-affected zone, and flexible processing.
MORN company is professional for all kinds of laser machine, if you need any more information, please contact us, we will try our best to help you.