How thickness are Various Power Laser Cutting machines Cut
Most clients wondering that what metals can the fiber laser cutting machine cut? And what thickness can be cut by a certain power. Here to show you.
The target of the fiber laser cutting machine includes Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Aluminum plate, Silver, Brass, Galvanized Sheet, Titanium and other metal materials. For different metal materials, the cutting thickness of different power fiber laser cutting machines has a great relationship with the cutting material. 1000 watts, 2000 watts, even to 12000 watts…
How thick can laser cutting machines of various powers cut?
Generally speaking, the thickness limit values of different fiber laser cutting machines for cutting various materials are as follows:
(For reference only, the actual cutting capacity is also related to the quality of the cutting machine, cutting environment, auxiliary gas, cutting speed and other factors.)
- The maximum cutting thickness of different materials for 500W fiber laser cutting machine: carbon steel maximum thickness 6mm; stainless steel maximum thickness 3mm; aluminum plate maximum thickness 2mm; brass plate maximum thickness 2mm;
- The maximum thickness of 1000W fiber laser cutting machine for different materials: the maximum thickness of carbon steel is 10mm; the maximum thickness of stainless steel is 5mm; the maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 3mm; the maximum thickness of copper plate is 3mm;
- The maximum cutting thickness of different materials by 2000W fiber laser cutting machine: the maximum thickness of carbon steel is 16mm; the maximum thickness of stainless steel is 8mm; the maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 5mm; the maximum thickness of copper plate is 5mm;
- The maximum thickness of different materials for 3000W fiber laser cutting machine: carbon steel maximum thickness 20mm; stainless steel maximum thickness 10mm; aluminum plate maximum thickness 8mm; copper plate maximum thickness 8mm;
- 6000W laser cuts stainless steel up to 14mm, under a certain condition it can cut more thicker but the quality of the cutting surface above 14mm is not guaranteed. Also it can cut carbon steel up to 22mm. Can cut aluminum up to 14mm. Cut brass up to 14mm too. The 6000W cutting capacity will be better, but the price is also higher.
- 12000Wis a breakthrough in power and fiber laser technology, and more and more sheet processing manufacturers have begun to upgrade their fiber cutting machine to 10000-watts. Then here comes the question, so how thick can a 12,000-watt fiber laser cutting machine cut? Let’s find the answers together! A 12000 watts fiber laser cutting machine can cuts stainless steel up to 50mm, and it can cuts carbon steel up to 45mm. That’s really amazing, right?
In the actual application process, the cutting ability of the fiber laser cutting machine is also related to the quality of the machine, laser type, cutting environment, cutting speed and other factors. The use of auxiliary gas can also improve a certain cutting ability, so there is no absolute standard can judges its cutting thickness.
For example, the cutting ability of the carbon steel mainly relies on oxygen combustion, and the cutting ability of stainless steel mainly relies on power. Generally, a 1000w fiber laser cutting machine can cut carbon steel plates of about 10mm, and stainless steel plates are slightly difficult to cut. If the cutting thickness is to be increased, the edge effect and speed must be sacrificed.
MORN LASER in the laser field since the year of 2008, we have an experienced technical team, a highly innovative design team, and a dynamic and patient sales team. Is your very trustworthy partner on the way to buy fiber laser cutting machine.
Welcome and thanks to choose MORN LASER!